How to allocate retail media budget like an expert… across a dizzying array of options
A Research Report by Kiri Masters and Matteo Bizon
About the Research
How to allocate retail media budget like an expert…across a dizzying array of options
Most retail brands have significant resource constraints around their retail media advertising strategy. Budgets are limited, and time and people resources are limited. Compounding this crunch are CPCs, which are on the rise. Whether the goal is to grow market share or maintain profitability, most brands need to look beyond Amazon advertising for future results.
Retailers are launching media platforms at a faster clip than seen before. They each promise great results and ways to reach net-new customers. On the surface, it’s always great to have more options. But you can’t be everywhere at once! Each new media platform requires time and budget. And there’s the risk that any given channel won’t deliver.
New white paper from Bobsled
Twice per year, Bobsled produces research and best practices on the most challenging eCommerce questions of our time. Our research, released in May 2022 is on how successful retail brands are allocating their media budget, across a burgeoning array of retail channels and media platforms.
What you will get:
- A white paper with our research findings
- 2 frameworks to use to make budget allocation decisions and compare retail media platforms
- A webinar that gives an overview of research findings and our recommendations
About the Authors
Kiri Masters is Head of Retail Marketplace Strategy at Acadia. Before its acquisition by Acadia, Kiri was previously the Founder & CEO of Bobsled Marketing, a digital agency that helps established consumer brands grow their retail marketplace sales channels. Bobsled was named one of the top 18 Amazon firms by Business Insider and ranks in the Marketplace Pulse Top 100.
Kiri is a contributor to Forbes, where she writes a weekly column about retail marketplaces from a brand’s perspective. She hosts the Ecommerce Braintrust podcast, and is the co-author of the books Instacart for CMOs and Amazon For CMOs (ranked one of the top 100 retail books of all time).
Matteo Bizon has a background in marketing management, and before joining Bobsled, he worked for Amazon as a PPC specialist for the Italian marketplace.
During that time, he learned the foundations of Amazon advertising and improved his ability to communicate with clients by evaluating their business goals and by transforming this information into strategic opportunities. Matteo has brought all his knowledge and skill to Bobsled Marketing where he is a PPC specialist.
- How to design a fluid advertising budget that meets customers where they are at in their journey
- That not all ROAS calculations are equal…. And how to normalize results so you’re comparing apples with apples.
- Why allocating budget by channel or retailer is a flawed approach, even though its the most obvious method
- Which metrics are actually the most important to track (hint, it’s not just ROAS)
- Tips and resources from other retail brands who are successfully allocating budgets and keeping their executive teams on board
- How to build a test-and-learn capability and learn from mistakes, so that even failures have a positive ROI
- What is the ideal way to move the budget where it is most efficient and get the most bang for your buck?
Download The Report Now
If you have an army of eCommerce specialists with advanced math degrees on your team…. This is probably not for you
If you have a bottomless advertising budget and an executive team that does not demand incremental sales results from new platforms… you probably don’t need this
But if your brand sells on more than one eCommerce platform, and you want to know how to allocate retail media budget across a burgeoning array of options, this research is for you!